This page has moved to a new address.

Starting An Exercise Program

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Starting An Exercise Program

I'm sure March Madness has nothing to do with it...but it seems the last few years in March I've put an exercise plan in to motion.  I usually start strong on it and then something happens to throw off my schedule and then I never make the time to fit it back in to the routine for a long time.

In the last few months, I believe my metabolism has come to a screeching halt. I weigh more now then ever and have just felt unhealthy. Plus I really have to start an exercise program and stick with it...not only for obvious reasons but I already have Osteoporosis.

I was diagnosed at the age of 37 (a little over a year after giving birth to our oldest - Megan) with Premature Ovarian Failure (POF) - early menopause. A few months after Megan was born I was diagnosed with postpartum Hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's Disease). This particular form of Hypothyroidism is what they think caused my ovaries to come to stop functioning. Anti-thyroid antibodies also attacked my ovaries. We actually conceived our twins through the use of donor eggs.

I did try running last Fall, but after 2 weeks my knees hurt so bad that it took a couple weeks for them to feel better. I'm sure that was due in large part to my shoes. My in-laws then gave us their treadmill since they use their elliptical. I was doing good with that until Anna and Ethan changed their sleep routines. :-)

So, starting last week I am back on the treadmill ~ 3 times a week and started going to Curves for their Zumba class. My mom goes to this Curves and has been wanting me to check out their Zumba class. I loved it the class the moment it started.  I really like Curves since the do offer quick, effective workouts, it's close to home and they have weights which are weight resistant. I really need the weight resistance to help with the bone density.

The great thing is that my husbands health insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield) has a fitness aspect to it. So for a $29 registration fee and $29 a month I can go to any fitness center in their system (including Curves) and not have to pay anything else to go! Since we are on a very tight budget, this made it very cost effective. And since I could just crumble at any second to a pile of bones - it also made sense to my health!

I don't know why it is always so hard to get back on that horse once I've fallen off. I always feel so good physically and emotionally after I exercise, it should not take as much effort as it does to get motivated to start back up with a routine once I've stopped. So here's to this one sticking!

Have a great Saturday, and love to all. ♥

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home