This page has moved to a new address.

Up And At 'Em

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Up And At 'Em

At the end of last week I decided it was time to get back in to my routine of exercise.  At the beginning of the year it was one of the commitments I made to myself.  I was really good for awhile and then in June we went on a 2 week vacation to Florida, since then I have not been able to get back in to the routine.  So, on Wednesday night I set the alarm for 6 am Thursday, got up and off I went on a brisk 2 mile walk.  It felt really good!  On Friday, I did 30 minutes of Pilate's.  My husband works a crazy schedule so on the mornings he is home, I want to get out and walk/run...when he is not home I plan on Pilate's.  My Endocrinologist has been after me for awhile to get in a regular routine of exercise since I have such horrible bone density already.  It's been hard to schedule around children.

On Thursday after I got home from my first day of exercise, I came in cooled down and all of a sudden all three kids ran downstairs yelling mommy's home...like I was gone all night!  Apparently the twins woke at 6:30 am (unbeknown to my husband) came into the bedroom looking for me, saw I wasn't there and then came downstairs looking for me and when I was there started balling.  My husband woke to hear them crying for me.  He settled them down, but it really through them that I wasn't here.  The next morning I woke to our twin daughter (Anna) downstairs crying for me at 6 am!  She didn't even bother to look that I hadn't gotten up yet.  That morning I did Pilate's with my oldest daughter Megan and my twin daughter Anna.  Kids....

I am actually planning on turning my "brisk walk" in to a 5k Run!  A friend gave me instructions she received when training for a 5k.  I've never been a runner, but it seems to be the easiest way to get a good workout in a short amount of time right now.

So, bright and early tomorrow morning I will be on my walk/run!  :) 

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At October 4, 2010 at 12:30 AM , Blogger ClarkMom3 said...

Good Luck! I WILL start back up myself. Maybe next week. No... I have too, I said I will start back up last week for next week... if that makes sense!!
We CAN do it!!

 
At October 4, 2010 at 9:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi... cute site. Visiting from Bloggy Moms. I am following your blog via google friend connect and twitter. Please come follow back:

http://MommysSweetThings.blogspot.com
http://www.GiveawayEveryday.com

 
At October 4, 2010 at 10:34 AM , Blogger Pink Media Studio said...

Hi! I am over from Friends Following Friends to follow you:) I would love to have your follow at www.pinkdivacafe.com
Noel

 
At October 4, 2010 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Good Luck with exercise! I am trying to, also
kim

 
At October 4, 2010 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am visiting from Bloggy Moms. Good luck! I am a past runner who just had my first baby. It has been almost 5 months since I have given birth and I still haven't started running yet. Walking is definitely the best place to start!
http://kelleyhautemom.blogspot.com

 
At October 4, 2010 at 11:24 PM , Blogger Genny said...

Found you through MBC and am following. I saw your Best in Sac badge... I'm in the Sac area too! Small world!

 
At October 7, 2010 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Johanna said...

Thank you, I did not know my review was even there. You are listed at the penthouse! Welcome to the House

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home