This page has moved to a new address.

Yanni: Truth of Touch {Music Review}

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Yanni: Truth of Touch {Music Review}

It seems it's been quite sometime since I've listened to "adult" music.  Since having children we tend to listen to a lot of Laurie Berkner and Ralph music!  That's why I was excited to get the opportunity through One2One Network to review Yanni's new CD Truth Of Touch

This is Yanni's first instrumental release of original compositions in over eight years and is the return to the genre Yanni helped create and advance.  As he describes the new material: “There is a beautiful complexity in these rhythms, a new sound design. I think the melodic content is very strong and very memorable. I was having fun with this album and that’s going to become apparent.”

This could not have been a better day to put Yanni on.  I've had a killer migraine all day and listening to Yanni just took me somewhere peaceful and relaxing.  He has done an amazing job of creating an instrumental CD that keeps you wanting to hear more.  Each song has its own uniqueness. My favorites are Flash of Color and Nine.  These two songs are complete opposites of each other...one being more slow paced and carrying you away to a peaceful place - the other a faster paced melody.

Also, although this is an instrumental CD two of the songs on the track do have vocals - Can't Wait and Secrets.  Both are beautiful songs, the vocals just add another level of interest.


On March 22, Yanni launched a 40-date tour of the US. The tour will take him through theaters in major cities across the US including Radio City Music Hall in NYC and the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. You can see if he's going to have a concert near you by visiting his website.  Unfortunately he won't be in the Midwest or else I would be going!

I received a copy of Yanni Truth of Touch CD from One 2 One Network to facilitate this review. By posting this review by April 8, 2011 I am eligible to win a Visa Gift Card. No other compensation was received.  All opinions expressed are 100% my own.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home