This page has moved to a new address.

Another Anna Moment

Friday, November 12, 2010

Another Anna Moment

Okay, so scratch everything I said in my last post...

It never fails, every time I hold my ground something inevitably happens to lay on the guilt.

This morning at 6:30 am I heard the squeak of the door knob on Anna and Ethan's door telling me that Ethan was awake.  Had to be Ethan right?  Well of course since Anna was in her "teddy bear bed".

Ethan came in the room and I asked him about Anna and he said she was still asleep.  At that moment Anna started crying.  So i ran in there since she in a pack n' play and I knew she would be very upset about being trapped.  Well, I walked in and she had thrown up all over her pillow and herself.  She was an absolute mess!

Not to get too graphic, since it really is a rather gross topic, but her was covered in it and it was all dry...which means it had happened at some point in the night.  Ugh, she slept in that disgusting mess.  There room is right next door I am sure I would have heard her crying ... but having one of those "bad mommy" moments.  If she was in her regular bed would she have woken up and come in and got me?

I really hat when this happens.  I always feel so empowered when I've done the right thing teaching my children right from wrong and what they can't get away with and then whammo, the rug is pulled out from under me.

Well, the good news is I am a stay at home / work at home and everything else at home mom.  :-)  At least I was able to just be with her and care for her and hold her all day.  Thankfully she didn't get sick anymore (oh except when she had a fit about not being able to have orange juice) - she's even spunky when sick!  Hopefully she will be back to herself tomorrow after a really goodnight sleep in her "big girl bed".

The pack n' play is put away...

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At November 12, 2010 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Greta said...

Hopefully she's feeling even better in the morning. Don't be too hard on yourself!

 
At November 12, 2010 at 11:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for visit and follow my blog.here I do the same.
Nan

 
At November 13, 2010 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Crissa Pollmann Robertson said...

Yuck! that is one part of motherhood is not looking forward to.

Following you back!
Crissa
WWW.cravingchocolateandlazydays.com

 
At November 13, 2010 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Mama Hen said...

Thank you for joining the Nestwork and for stopping by Mama's Little Chick. Make sure to add your button to the In the Nestwork page. I hope your little one feels better soon. Don't be too hard on yourself. If you had known when she got sick you would have taken care of it right away. Hang in there! Have a great weekend!

Mama Hen

 
At November 13, 2010 at 8:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

New follower here from Hoppin' Weekend. Stop on by and have a great rest of your weekend! I'll be back to check out what you have to offer here! Lookin' forward to it!
Alissia
http://tips4green.blogspot.com

 
At November 13, 2010 at 9:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm visiting from Saturday Stalk, and am now a follower!

Stop by if you get a chance.

Coupon Clippin' Daddy

 
At November 13, 2010 at 11:08 PM , Blogger Mamacita La Cuponera said...

Hello! Following you from Saturday Stalk blog hop!

Coupon Mamacita


(**ignore Mamacita la Cuponera, that is my other blog and I don't know why it is popping up**!)

 
At November 14, 2010 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Julie said...

Following you from BabyDealsDujour. We track all the baby daily deals in real-time.

Please join us on Facebook and Twitter too.

 
At November 14, 2010 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Nana Poppins said...

Aww I hope your little girl is feeling better. My grandson has to sleep with every stuffy in his bed.. then ends up with his Mom by morning!

Hope you have a great week!!

Patty (Nana Poppins)
http://www.nanapoppins.com

 
At November 14, 2010 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Eliz Frank said...

Following you from the Relax Surf Sunday blog hop. Have a great week ahead!
Best,
Elizabeth

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home