This page has moved to a new address.

I Gave My Blog A Little Face Lift!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Gave My Blog A Little Face Lift!

I really am very new to the world of blogging.  I am still in awe of so many blogs I come across.  Not only content but how beautiful they are!

As I've been introduced to more and more blogs I've found several blogs who offer free buttons, templates, headers and post dividers.  So, I decided to "pretty up" my blog a bit!  I wanted to keep the background I had been using, so I added a new header, post dividers and then I will be adding new tags.  Thank you Shabby Blogs!

Hard to believe I actually have a Master's in Information Technology.  Although my emphasis was really within the Networking area.  I was 2 1/2 semesters away from completing my Master's when my position was "eliminated".  About six weeks later we found out we were expecting twins, so at that point getting a "job" was out of the question.  Who can afford 3 in daycare without your entire check going to pay for daycare.  Hence the reason I am now a stay at home mom...with a home business.

So anyway, once it was decided I would stay home I realized my emphasis in networking was not really conducive to staying home since you really need to be on-site for that...so I changed my emphasis to Web Development.  I really like Web Development, but I'm not good at programming at all.  My brain does not seem to function that way.  Love HTML coding, but that is very easy.  So, in my last two semesters, not only did my classes change to all web development language type classes that I really didn't catch on to very well, I had Megan at 4 and then the twins came 8 weeks early.  Yup, a day before my mid-term was due the second to last semester.  I completed my degree with newborn twins, one of which had really bad reflux so his behavior was  resembled colic.  I honestly think my teacher felt sorry for me!  Thank goodness I had the same teacher my last two semesters.

 All that, I then I realized that once I graduated I still really couldn't work in that field.  I still had too large of learning curve to really devote to designing web pages...and, honestly did not have the time or energy to spend on it.

It was actually fun doing the work on my blog, I think with more time I can definitely become more acquainted and learn how to do more.  I love the cause and effect aspect, although I'm making sure I back up everything before I make any changes!

On the post dividers the background did come out as white.  I had downloaded Gimp, but I'm not sure if I can make the background of the image transparent if it is already a saved image.  If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

I am going to be working on my signature - using Gimp again, but can't seem to find the embellishments to "pretty" it up, and I am going to be adding some tags!

Have a great day everyone!!!  :-)

Labels:

24 Comments:

At November 4, 2010 at 9:15 AM , Blogger GranGoddessa said...

Your blog looks fantastic, and I enjoy your writing style! I love the feel of this blog, and thanks, you have a great day, too!

 
At November 4, 2010 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Greta said...

Looks great :)

 
At November 4, 2010 at 11:50 AM , Blogger Carrie with Children said...

Your site looks great! I'm semi-new to blogging too, only been at it a little over a month. It's a fun hobby!

 
At November 4, 2010 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think it looks great! You will find that you will probably always be tweaking things...I definitely do!

New follower from Thirsty Thursday!

jen

http://mamaschellsays.blogspot.com/

 
At November 4, 2010 at 1:17 PM , Blogger ~Mo~ said...

Thanks for following! I'm following you back! :)

 
At November 4, 2010 at 1:22 PM , Blogger Terra Heck said...

Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog via Keepin' Company Thursdays. I am now a follower of yours. You're doing a good job on your blog, making it look nice. I know basic HTML, but not much beyond that.

 
At November 4, 2010 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

looks good

 
At November 4, 2010 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Blogs said...

looking lovely:)

 
At November 4, 2010 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Betty Manousos said...

Looks nice!
New follower from Thursday hop.
Please follow me back.

Happy Thursday!

 
At November 4, 2010 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Sofia said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am ur newest follower ;) And I must say that I am loving the background! :D

Sofia
From PDX with Love

 
At November 4, 2010 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Carmen Klapper said...

Your site looks great! I have major ADD when it comes to my blog's layout. I'm never satisfied! ; )

-Carmen
www.keepingupklapper.com

 
At November 4, 2010 at 5:20 PM , Blogger AirForceWife and Mommy of Two said...

Thanks for the follow. i am following back. LOVE YOUR BLOG LAYOUT!

 
At November 4, 2010 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Jacqie said...

Like your layout. Thanks for joining the Green Blog Hop.

Jacqie @ talesofthewife.com

 
At November 4, 2010 at 9:04 PM , Blogger Java said...

Hi Jodi!

Thanks for stopping by the Over 40 Bloggers I added your blog to the list!!

Thanks for joining the party!

Hope you get lots of followers from it! Including me!!

Be sure to come byfor the Follow Friday 40 and Over Blog Hop!

Have a great day!!
Java

 
At November 4, 2010 at 9:14 PM , Blogger Java said...

Hey Jodi I think there is something wrong with your Follow Me...I tried several times to follow you but I kept getting an error! You might want to check it!!

Thanks!
Java

 
At November 4, 2010 at 9:30 PM , Blogger Mama Hen said...

You have a new follower! You have a lovely blog! Come visit Mama's Little Chick. Have a great night!

Mama Hen

 
At November 4, 2010 at 9:48 PM , Blogger Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Thanks so much for stopping by The House on the Corner ~ I'm following back!!

Pretty Blog!!

 
At November 5, 2010 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Songberries said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you now!
Songberries

 
At November 5, 2010 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi I'm a new follower. Come visit and check out the Holiday Bloganza we going.
Julz@ www.julzjewls.com and http://spookyjulz.blogspot.com/

 
At November 5, 2010 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Karen du Toit said...

New follower from Follow Friday 40 and over!
Your blog looks really great! :D

 
At November 5, 2010 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Discovering the Me in Mommy said...

Wow, I'm already impressed! =)

New follower from the Social Parade -- stop by when you get a chance!
http://discoveringthemeinmommy.blogspot.com/

 
At November 6, 2010 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Laura J Harrison said...

I'm a BB (beginning Blogger) and it took me 3 days to make a button for my site. (I still don't know if it works on other sites) So...anyway, you know I am in awe of your blog. Thanks for the read. So much to learn, so little time. I DL'd GIMP as well. Unlike you, (as far as education) I graduated in 1977 from high school and I don't have any further ed. I spent hours on Gimp and still don't know much about layering yet. But I'll hang in there.

 
At November 7, 2010 at 4:33 PM , Blogger Susan Payton said...

Your blog looks absolutely fantastic. Believe it or not I can't even make a button or a 3 column blog. I don't know anything about web design, and when I try to learn how to do the 3 column as I see that you have (looks great too), I don't see anywhere in the html where it says side wrapper, whatever that is. So I suppose mine will remain a plain blog, but I am hoping that if someone needs or can benefit from the theme of my blog coupons they will get the information they need.
I am another one that is in awe of your blog. Wonderful job. I love reading all the different blogs too, they are all so different and unique.
Thanks for letting me visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com

 
At November 8, 2010 at 1:29 AM , Blogger BreezyB said...

Hi Jodi, Cute background! You've done such a great job with your design. I just started three weeks ago and a long way to go! You've inspired me! Please stop by and say hi, I'd love the follow back! ~Jamie

http://www.SaysJamie.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home