This page has moved to a new address.

House Of Ill

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

House Of Ill

You can tell kids are back in school and the weather has changed - we are all, well most of us, sick. You know that runny nose, cough thing that likes to linger. I have, for all intense purposes, no voice at this point. Although - that does not prevent kids from fighting, arguing, screeching and calling for "mom" on a consistent basis! Tonight was early bedtime, not only did they need it, but mom needed it too.

My business is booming right now too - which is awesome, and so much fun...but not much rest for the throat.

My ~3 year old daughter is the source of the cold. Poor baby though, her little nose is soooo runny and she coughs her little head of with all that drainage. So, we've had to pull out the "snot sucker" again, ya know that bulb syringe. She loves it...not. Yesterday, I tried really hard to teach her how to blow her nose - but every time she would "blow" she would actually blow out through her mouth! It was hysterical trying to show her how to keep her mouth closed while she blew air out her nose. Even her twin brother was started trying to help her. "Anna, not out of your mouth!", "You need to do this ...". We never did get Anna to blow her nose, so "snot sucker" it was.

My husband, we think may have a cold, hard to tell though between his allergies and just being worn out from working so many nights in a row. Knock on wood, Megan and Ethan have been able to resist the "cold" so far.

Thank goodness for disinfectant - I actually use an awesome disinfectant that is just as effective as Clorox wipes but is completely natural. Actually is is the only EPA approved disinfective that has been scientifically proven to be effective against Staph, E-coli, H1N1, and other bad bugs. I, actually, am a strong proponent against using chemicals in our homes, especially with cancer rates rising and cheaper and cheaper (and more toxic) ingredients going in to every day household consumable items (including kids products). Eeeek, I digressed there!

I am going to go take some cough medicine, and grab a cough drop and go to bed and read for a bit. I love the Hunger Games series and I am on the final book of this trilogy - Mockingjay!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At October 19, 2010 at 11:32 PM , Blogger Getrealmommy said...

Feel better!

 
At October 20, 2010 at 7:03 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

I hope your feeling better today. I remeber the "snot sucker" and my daughter had such a hard time trying to blow her nose when she was little. I guess some kids get it and some don't. LOL. I'm a new follower. I seen your blog on Bloggy Moms.

Michelle
www.scrapthosepictures.blogspot.com

 
At October 20, 2010 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Samantha said...

Hope everyone in your house feels better soon! The worst thing about the bulb syringe is cleaning it afterwards - yuck!!

 
At October 20, 2010 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

I hope everyone feels better soon. This time of year is always fun in our house as well. The snot sucker is in full force!

I loved the Hunger Games series - excellent books! I hope you are enjoying them.

 
At October 22, 2010 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Nikki Johnson said...

I hope you're all feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home