This page has moved to a new address.

Trying to Find that Inner Peace

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Trying to Find that Inner Peace

I used to think I was a pretty well-balanced, could handle anything type gal...and then I had twins.  I'm sure it does not effect everyone the same way, but I'm not one that really enjoys chaos.  When our twins were infants it was really tough.  My husband worked really crazy hours, and still does.  Having an older child, although she was 4 at the time just added another level of difficulty.  I started having panic attacks whenever my husband would start to leave for work and while he was gone.  Those completely stink.  I finally went to a doctor last year toward the end of the year and was put on meds for them.  I hate taking a medication, but I hate less not feeling in control of myself...especially with my children.  The anxiety and panic would first of all make me feel like I couldn't breath, but it also made me very short tempered.  I hated feeling always angry around my children, that is not a behavior I want them growing up remembering.

This year I've really strived for inner peace.  I needed to start doing some things for me...little things like start reading again.  I love reading but hadn't made the time for it in years.  I now have read about 12 books since the beginning of the year, ranging from self-improvement type books to just plain-old fun books.  Love, love, love the Hunger Games series! 

I've also strived to exercise regularly - that has helped hugely!  It makes me feel better about myself and, I think mentally just starts my day off on such a brighter note.

I had also joined a MOPS group so I do get to get out meet with other moms and have the twins in the daycare then at the church where the MOPS group meets.  Even though MOPS is not religion based, it does try to balance you personally and spiritually.  The church it is held at is a non-denominational Christian Church.  I have been surprised at how much an effect having that spiritual connection in my life has had on me.  In the last month we have started to attend that Church - the Pastor's wife is a co-leader of our MOPS group so I've heard them both speak at MOPS and have always loved listening to them.  I hadn't realized until recently how much I was lacking on the spiritual side of things!

Today was a rough day.  My husband was at work all day, and the twins didn't nap...it's been a few days now.  I think they are trying to give up that nap.  They stay in their room, but are so cranky from not napping.  Makes for a long day of them having tantrums, and really over-reacting to things that normally would not be a big deal.  Still trying to figure out how to keep well-grounded in the midst of the chaos, but I think I'm definitely on a better path then I was a year ago.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At October 7, 2010 at 4:41 PM , Blogger Billie Poteet said...

Hello! Following you from bloggy moms! Looking forward to reading your blog!

Good luck finding that inner peace, by the way. I've been searching for mine for a while now. I find a pretty good chunk of it when I look in my sons eyes :)

Talk to you soon,
Billie Jean

www.theunexpectedmother.net

 
At October 7, 2010 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Johanna said...

Hi and thanks for following and i am now following you back. I have now put you in with the rest of the gals in the penthouse. Check in on how to become a VIP and get some little perks. Thanks again.

 
At October 8, 2010 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

Stopping by to help with your blog button. Just add cols="15" after the rows="3" in the second part of the code. You can change the 15 to make the box wider or narrower.

Hope that helps!

 
At October 11, 2010 at 12:54 PM , Blogger ClarkMom3 said...

I have been trying to find the inner peace as well. My little ones are 15mnths apart and keep me running. I have just recently started staying at home with them and found that having a blog is a great way to "get away" for a bit. I really do hope this helps me find inner peace.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home