This page has moved to a new address.

Eight Years, 3 Children, A House, Three Cats and One Dog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Eight Years, 3 Children, A House, Three Cats and One Dog

Today, my husband and I celebrate 8 years of marriage.  It's amazing how fast these years have gone by.  In all honesty, we've never really had an opportunity to take time to celebrate!

By our 1st year anniversary we already a 3 month old.  Yes, I got pregnant the night of our wedding.  I was 36 years old when we got married and I assumed it would take us a while to get pregnant.  I thought my husband was going to faint 3 weeks later when I announced we were already expecting.  Our first anniversary was spent with our oldest daughter Megan, who at the time was collicky.  :-)  And we moved into our first home two weeks after our 1 year anniversary.

Since then, we added two more children to our household - Anna and Ethan - who will be 3 at the end of this month.  We also have had one dog, who actually was very overwhelmed when Anna and Ethan came home from the hospital...and even more so when they started crawling.  We didn't feel it was very healthy environment for her anymore and didn't feel very confident about the safety of the twins so we did give her back to her former owner who loved her dearly and was in contact with us still.  We also have had 2 cats pass away but still have one cat from when we were dating.  Maew, a seal point siamese.

These past 8 years have been an amazing journey.  It's so hard to believe how much our lives have changed (for the better) in those years.  I'm so excited to see what the future years bring us.

Happy Anniversary!

Jodi

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At October 12, 2010 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Samantha said...

Happy Anniversary! You seem like you have a very full family life - I can't wait to read more! Hope you and your hubby get to celebrate at least a little bit!

 
At October 13, 2010 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Carrie with Children said...

Happy Anniversary! Found you from the TwitterMoms site and I'm your newest follower on GFC. Love the name of your blog! Being a mom is all about having fun, isn't it?!

 
At October 13, 2010 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary! Time does fly by so fast! Isn't it amazing though to see all of the wonderful things that can happen in that time? I'm your newest follower. Following you from Bloggy Moms. Love your site! :-)

Melissa
http://thechroniclesofarookiemom.blogspot.com/

 
At October 13, 2010 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Liz said...

I'm a little late but Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated out 8 year anniversary in July. It's amazing how fast it goes by. Congrats!

Thanks for following me, I'm following you back!
http://chalkboardstostrollers.blogspot.com/

 
At October 14, 2010 at 3:12 PM , Blogger aceIN photography said...

happy anniversary. time does fly by QUICKLY. your newest follower from BloggyMoms... would *love* a follow back. you can find me at...

http://aceandfriendsco.blogspot.com/

 
At October 22, 2010 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Nikki Johnson said...

I hope you had a great anniversary! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home