This page has moved to a new address.

Words Of Encouragement For Monday

Monday, October 25, 2010

Words Of Encouragement For Monday

It has been been a little while since I wrote a post, I actually have been somewhat at a lose for words.  Do you ever have that, when ideas come in to your head but then they don't sound very interesting or you can't even think of enough to say on it.  Well, that has been me lately.

I have been reading and looking in to a lot of Motivational types of material now for a while and recently I've read a few things which really made a lot of sense...they were actually from some devotionals that I get via email, but I felt that whether you are spiritual or not they could be applied to life for everyone.

One, in particular, caught my attention.  You know how you make a commitment to yourself, you know, start a diet program, start an exercise program, or even make a commitment to work your business consistently...but then it's time to "start" that program and we come up with an excuse ~ e.g. "I'm tired, I'll start tomorrow", "It's a special night", "I'm not motivated, tomorrow with be better", ... etc.  We then get caught in that vicious cycle of making excuses for not doing what we've committed ourselves to.

We were all made to be better then that ~ to make ourselves accountable to our decisions.  When you make a commitment to do something and find yourself making an excuse to move away from that commitment,  rewrite what is playing in your head.  Instead of the excuse, say "I am made for more".  You were made for more with each choice you make.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At October 26, 2010 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is so inspirational and encouraging! Thanks for posting! I just found your blog on the Tuesday Blog Hop and look forward to following along and would love for you to wish to do the same! Have a wonderful week!
Blessings,
j
www.beneaththeacaciatree.com

 
At October 26, 2010 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Emily - faliLV said...

Wonderful post. Everyone needs a bit of a reminder! I found the FitMomsFitKidsClub - and have liked all the free information she provides.

I am a new follower
Emily
Family and Life in Las Vegas

 
At October 26, 2010 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Megan said...

I am made for more - I like it!

 
At October 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Crystal said...

Thank you for stopping by and following My Life as Mom and Wife. I hope you continue to enjoy by blog!

Good luck with teaching your kiddos to stay away from the HOT! I am so glad that my daughter caught on to the idea quickly.

Have a great day!
Crystal
kennedymomandwife.blogspot.com

 
At October 26, 2010 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Let'sMakeADifference said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog!! I am a follower of your beautiful family!

 
At October 26, 2010 at 5:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there!
Thanks for the follow...I'm following back.
Stop by my all new blog @
http://www.planmydinner.net
It's my "baby"...personal menu planning service for families.
We just got our own Facebook page too!!
Oh & a HOP @ http://www.beckhamandbloom.com on MONDAYS!
Have a great day.
(I'll be following on your other blog also!)
Melly-

 
At October 27, 2010 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Menopausal New Mom said...

What a beautifully written post and so true. I've been trying to lose the same baby weight since my 4 year old was born. I've taken the bull by the horns and made the decision to be well. That 25 pounds is on its way out :)

Thanks for finding me. Glad to know we aren't alone. Looking forward to reading more, no pressure Lol!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home