This page has moved to a new address.

A Good Day For Making Friendship Bread

Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Good Day For Making Friendship Bread

Have you ever had anyone give you a bag with partially made dough and instructions on how to make Amish Friendship dough? About two weeks ago a friend gave us a mixture of this for the Amish Friendship dough - and she gave us some of it to try out last week with a dinner. Let me tell you, if you have not had this bread before - wow, it is wonderful. My husband was very excited about today being the day to make the bread, and since it was a rather dreary day today he got the kids to join in the fun. 


Dad and Ethan putting the dough into the bowl


Ethan mixing the ingredients




















Anna and Megan joined Ethan in on the fun




It's baking!

Sorry, no after picture's!  Everyone loved the bread - but were rather scattered around eating their bread.  My oldest had a friend over who was just telling her mom that she wanted some of the friendship bread and her mom said that she can't make more until someone gives her the dough...today was her and her daughters luck day.

We kept an extra bag so we can make another batch in 10 days!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At November 22, 2010 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Carol E Wyer said...

Hi I'm your latest follower having found you via Mom Blog Monday hop. It's only my third hop and I'm loving meeting new bloggers. I'm an old mother :( so I hope that doesn't disquality me from joining in. Anyway I've signed up to follow because anything with 'fun' in the title has to be worth a read. Looking forward to browsing through your blog....I've given up on doing housework as this is much more interesting.

 
At November 22, 2010 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Kimberly Walker said...

Thank you for stopping by and commenting... I am now following and look forward to reading more of your stuff.
All the best,
Kim

 
At November 22, 2010 at 1:54 PM , Blogger meeyeehere said...

Hey,I am a new follower. Please come follow me too
http://meeyeehere.blogspot.com/

 
At November 23, 2010 at 5:02 AM , Blogger LisaAquinoVlog said...

i can't wait till this day comes when i can bake and share it to my daughter too.

 
At November 24, 2010 at 1:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this! What a great idea. Pay it fwd. with friendship bread.

~ Kelly Marie
http://tasteoutloud.blogspot.com

 
At November 24, 2010 at 4:29 AM , Blogger Eliz Frank said...

Stopped by from FMBT Blog Hop and following you via Google Friends.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Elizabeth

 
At November 25, 2010 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Kat @My Tots Exactly said...

I did get the friendship bread a couple of years back and yes, it tasted yummy! I was also told that it will never really taste the same with another person's but I never got to know. I hoped to get another batch again but I have no idea if it's still in circulation.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Hope you're having a great time.

~~ Kat ~~
My Tots Exactly!
My Tummy Calls

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home