This page has moved to a new address.

Only Six Weeks Until Christmas!!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Only Six Weeks Until Christmas!!

I can not believe Christmas is right around the corner already. I swear it feels like we just got out of the Christmas season. This year seemed like it flew by way too fast.

We live in Illinois, the Windy City, it was in the 60's & 70's last week...right now it's 38 degrees, brrr. My husband put up the Christmas lights on the house yesterday, and no they are NOT turned on. :) If we don't take advantage of the warmer weather to get up decorations outdoors then all of a sudden we will be trying to decorate in the snow!

I have no idea what to get the kids for Christmas. Megan has never been good at playing with anything. She really enjoys playing, but only when there is another person involved. Buying for her is really hard - things that I loved to do when I was her age she doesn't really play with. She's been asking for a Pillow Pet (she loves her "stuffy's") so I did enter a giveaway on Smart and Trendy Mom's site. She's made a list of things she wants, but honestly I can't see her playing with any of it past the day she gets it.

Not sure about Anna and Ethan either. They do play with a lot, but how much do they need? Anna plays with dolls but she has all of Megan's ... even plays with her American Girl doll. Ethan loves his Thomas trains, but a friend gave their train table and all of the trains and railways to go with it. Sweet! Plus I already have all the things Megan played with plus my sister, who has 3 older boys, has given me a lot of their things.

Budget wise this is going to be tight Christmas too, so I really want to get the biggest bang for my buck. Maybe it will be just a matter of getting a few smaller things for Anna and Ethan, and then a couple bigger things for Megan.

Thanksgiving is next week. We have Thanksgiving at our house every year, I need to still plan the menu. :-) I think the Thanksgiving menu will be easier then choosing Christmas gifts.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At November 15, 2010 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Jodie said...

I hung my lights last week too! We are in NY State and no way am I waiting...my hands will crack from the cold!! :)
Thanks for following Mommyhood!

 
At November 15, 2010 at 7:27 PM , Blogger mamtc said...

following u frm meet me on monday

 
At November 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

I am from the Midwest but now living here in CO. It snowed last week and today. Ugh!
Anyway, coming from Meet Me Monday.

I do not know how old your kids are but may I suggest tons of markers, paper, glue etc in their own case with their name?

Peace...Naila Moon

http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/

 
At November 16, 2010 at 2:47 AM , Blogger Sophie said...

I can't believe it is so soon!

Here from one of the hops!

http://unussedleona.blogspot.com

 
At November 16, 2010 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Latsyrc728 said...

Ugg...Everything is coming so fast!!

I am follow back now from Tuesday Tag, You're It! (Latsyrc728.. it is a different picture) I hope you will stop by and return the favor: http://www.thriftyandfrugalliving.com/

 
At November 18, 2010 at 2:24 AM , Blogger Lori@Two Daughters, A Husband, and A Minivan! said...

I can't believe how fast this year has flown by! Following you from FMBT.

http://twodaughtersahusbandandaminivan.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home