This page has moved to a new address.

CMT's "Working Class" Review

Thursday, January 20, 2011

CMT's "Working Class" Review

It has been a long time since I've seen a TV show that is just a good, clean family-oriented show.  Through One2One Network I was given the opportunity to review the series premiere of CMT's very first scripted sitcom "Working Class" starring TV veteran Melissa Peterman ("Reba") and Emmy and Golden Globe-winning actor Ed Asner.  The premiere will air on January 28 at 8 pm EST/PST, followed by a second, all-new episode at 8:30 pm. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this show!  It just reminded of the good, cute shows that were on when I grew up - not about crime investigation, a hospital, or a reality show.  Not that I honestly don't enjoy some of those shows, but there are just so many of them now.  It seems that I was just talking to someone about this recently - the shows that are on today are so different then those that I grew up with - "Happy Days", "LaVerne and Shirley"...well you get the point.  When you have kids who are getting to the stage of watching a little older TV, I've found there is not a whole out there that I find appropriate.  I would definitely recommend watching this show. 

The Premiere episode, "The Buddy System" is the episode I had the opportunity to review which was about Carli's (Melissa Peterman) old flame from high school showing up, looking better then ever, hoping to re-ignite a spark with Carli - which gets a little humiliating at her place of work.  Ed Asner's role is a co-worker of Carli's.  A lot of comedy - and really just clean fun.



I really enjoyed seeing Ed Asner again, and yes I was a Mary Tyler Moore Show fan.  :-)  


Make sure you tune in on CMT on January 28th to see the double feature premiere of "Working Class" at 8 pm EST/PST, I honestly don't think you will be disappointed.



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At January 21, 2011 at 12:03 AM , Blogger Xenia said...

There are SO many crime scene or reality shows on right now, you're completely right! This sounds like a cute show... if I haven't forgotten by next week I'll try to remember to catch the premiere. :)

 
At January 21, 2011 at 7:22 PM , Blogger Marie said...

I will have to give this one a try, I always look for the shows that might give me a smile or a laugh!

Marie
bonkersinbarnhart.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home