This page has moved to a new address.

Rough Morning...

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rough Morning...

Anna and Ethan are FINALLY back at preschool.  Anna hasn't been there for 3 weeks and Ethan hasn't been there for 2 weeks.

I'm not sure why, but I seem to have the kids who just want to be home...home bodies.  Megan was the same way at that age, although she was there all day because I worked full-time.  She would get almost stressed out on Saturday at the thought of going to back to daycare.  Now Anna is the same way.  Actually Ethan is fine with it, although he does kind of feed off of Anna.

I started warning them yesterday that they would be back at school today.  Anna did start getting upset yesterday and Ethan tried his best to comfort her by telling that he would be there with her.  Cute.  Well, the pre-warning didn't really help much because she fought tooth and nail this morning.

Ethan, who was fine, finally broke down when taking off his coat at preschool.  I felt bad for him, just because he was fine but Anna being upset started to effect him.  I think Anna's biggest issue there is not only is she much more introverted when with other people - but that strong-will comes out.  She is not coddled there and is expected to do what she is told, which as a strong-willed child is not good.  Anna actually butt's heads with the pre-school teacher.

I love the teacher, we have been friends with her and her family and all the daycare (preschool) families for many years since Megan had gone there.  I comforted by the fact that she is not upset because of being treated unfairly, thank goodness for that with some of the horror stories you hear.

I think we all have problems getting back in to the swing of things when we've been away for too long.  Whether it's work, exercising, school, a home business, journaling, or any number of other things.  I do believe the key is the consistency of just doing it...even on the days we don't feel like it. 

Hopefully with maturity and consistency it will get easier on Anna and us.


The Doozy E-Cards giveaway  is ending 12:00 pm CST, Friday, February 11th!

Low entry is great for those who want a better chance at winning. 

Doozycards has been generous enough to offer 2 of my readers a one year Premier Membership for free.

Click here to enter!


Tuesday Blog Hops!


PhotobucketJust Married with CouponsPhotobucketBusy Mom's Tips Tuesday Blog Hop To-the-TOP TuesdayMommying On The Fly

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At February 8, 2011 at 10:21 AM , Blogger e said...

Very nice blog! I am a Mom of four having some fun too! I love my kids but I also love my quiet time when they are off at school!
Glad to have found you :)
~Michelle

 
At February 8, 2011 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Jami - XOimagine said...

Getting back into the swing of things is always hard for me too!

Pretty blog! Hop on by!

xo - jami
i m a g i n e

 
At February 8, 2011 at 7:33 PM , Blogger Aimee @ Explore, Learn, Have Fun! said...

I like my routines too ~ so hard to get back on track when they get disrupted! I'm a new follower from To the Top Tuesday blog hop! Hope you will stop by & follow me back! : )

Aimee @
justkiddingaroundatlanta.blogspot.com

 
At February 8, 2011 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Sheryl of georyl.com said...

my daughter is still too young to go to school. i wonder how she'll react when it's time to go to school then...

btw, i'm your newest follower. hope you visit my blog at GEORYL and follow me back too. thanks.

 
At February 8, 2011 at 11:13 PM , Blogger Brandy Nelson said...

Hi, Jodi! Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! I am following you, as well! See you next week in Tanya's class!
Brandy
http://www.NewlyCrunchyMamaOf3.com

 
At February 9, 2011 at 12:37 AM , Blogger DontSayHurry said...

Hi there jodi... new follower from Tanya's class... thanks for stoppin by my blog!
CJR @ The Mommy Blog

 
At February 9, 2011 at 5:44 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Hi Jodi,

Newest follower here from last nights class. Very cute template I love the colors. Best of luck and have a great day.

Jen
http://momsonlinegaragesale.com

 
At February 9, 2011 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Gabby Malcuit said...

Poor kiddos. Hopefully it gets easier on Anna soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home