This page has moved to a new address.

Get Fit!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Get Fit!

Several weeks ago I started exercising routinely again.  I find it so hard to get back in to that routing once I've gotten out of it.

There were several things that made me get motivated again...
  1. gaining weight all of a sudden
  2. not feeling "healthy"
  3. at 44, already diagnosed with Osteoporosis
  4. can not afford to buy and don't want to buy bigger clothes!
My mom, who has been a member of Curves for several years had been trying to get me to come and try out a Zumba class that they started having at her Curves.  I finally caved in and went to Curves.  I loved the Zumba class and love that it is mixed in with the weights.  I really need the weights to help with the Osteoporosis.  I also really enjoy that it is not a "fashion" show. 

Curves

I also have a treadmill here at home so I am really working on my consistency with that as well. My goal is 3 days a week for 25 minutes and then at least 2 days a week at Curves.  I'm hoping that implementing exercise again in my life will kick start my metabolism again!  I grew up being one of those who could eat anything and not gain a pound.  That came to a screeching halt a few years ago.

If you have a Curves in your area...you should check it out.  It really is a great program!

Get your FREE one-week guest pass today!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At April 11, 2011 at 3:32 PM , Blogger Pam said...

I find it hard to get back into an exercise routine, too. I try to stay off the scale because numbers are never good news--if I've gained, I'm depressed and I eat. If I've lost, I'm excited and I celebrate by eating. I also have a treadmill and try to run for 30 minutes, 3 days a week. When I'm on track with exercise, I feel so much better about everything!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Carolynleigh said...

Good luck!! I love Zumba. The first time I went, I felt a little silly. But the more you go, the easier the moves become and you feel great!
I need to get back into it as well.

 
At April 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM , Blogger Lynda said...

Hey there! Good luck! I was working out like crazy Jillian Michaels for the Wii kicked my ass!! Hit a huge plateau though, no results ended up with me quitting, terrible I know. The nice weather is here now though so tons of walks with the twins. If you get a chance swing by 2 Against 1 , and link up to the TGIF blog hop (Friday). Hope to see you there!

 
At April 25, 2011 at 1:40 PM , Blogger life...just saying said...

I'm a new follower...just stopping by for now!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home