This page has moved to a new address.

Pizza Night with Family

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pizza Night with Family

Last night I took the kids and went to my sister's for homemade pizza - YUMMY!!! I swear my brother-in-law is the best pizza maker!

It seems like it's been forever since we have just gotten together to get together. We used to do it all the time, but since Anna & Ethan were born we have not been doing that much with them. They live less than 2 miles from us, so it has been really hard to not be with them.

My husband works a LOT. In fact, he is working 60 hours this weekend alone - and that's at his part-time job! I have had a hard time getting all three kids out on my own without everything falling apart. (I believe I've mentioned before that since having the twins, I've been dealing with some anxiety issues.)  My sister and brother-in-law have 3 children of their own, so I don't want to do things with them expecting them to be able to help out. So, we've become a little reclusive ~ well, we've just rather stuck around the house more and then play with kids in the neighborhood.

It was so nice to go over the my sister's yesterday and, not only have some adult time but have all the kids play together. My sister's middle child told my sister in privacy how much he enjoyed playing with his cousin's and he was so happy we came over...but asked if this was a one time a year thing. :-( Nope - planning on starting to do things on a more regular basis again!

I forgot though that we will be out for pizza again today for lunch - end of preschool year party at Home Run Inn!  End of year for many things this month...that's another post.  :-)

Have a great Saturday! ♥

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 21, 2011 at 4:18 PM , Blogger Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

My husband has been working a lot too! I also get anxiety taking my little kids anywhere. They are so hard to watch and likely to break something.

I'm glad you had a fun pizza party. I think pizza is good for all meals.

 
At May 22, 2011 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Angel The Alien said...

Nothing better than homemade pizza! And cousins! As a kid I always wished for cousins near my own age to play with. My next-oldest cousins are 9 and 11 years younger than me, and the next ones after that are currently only 9, 7, 5 and 2 years old right now, so they weren't even near being born when I was a kid. Your kids are so lucky! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home