This page has moved to a new address.

This Past Weekend – Megan’s Communion

Monday, May 9, 2011

This Past Weekend – Megan’s Communion

Megan made her first Communion this past Saturday!  It really was a beautiful mass.

The one down-side is that it was a long mass, ~ 1 hour 20 minutes.  I believe there were about 80 kids making their first Communion that day.  It included children from 3 different sessions of Religions Education (RE), plus the 2nd graders who attend that church for school. 

I wish they would have broken it up into a couple masses at least.  Not only because of the length, but there wasn’t really any room for family to sit!  Although my husband and I had assigned seats, our whole family had to sit in the “cry” room.

I love Megan’s dress, we were really lucky to find a really nice one at a very reasonable price Burlington Coat Factory.  I had never been in there before and hadn’t realized the amount of things they sold there.  I always though it was a “coat” store! 

It was a bit odd getting her dressed the day of her communion..it honestly felt like I was dressing her for her wedding!  I’m not really sure what to do with the dress and veil now that it’s all over with.  Here are picture’s:

IMG_3922 IMG_3921

Although they called for rain the day of her communion – it ended up being a wonderful day, and we had the family back at our house afterwards for lunch and ice cream cake!

So now I feel as though one journey has ended and a new one is beginning.  During the time Megan was going through RE – we actually started going to a new church. 

We have been attending a non-denominational church every Sunday and truly love it.  I’ve always felt that I wasn’t really getting the spiritual connection that I needed at the various different Catholic churches I’ve attended throughout my life.  But feel very well connected at this new church.

It really is a wonderful “community” feeling, and the kids LOVE it!  I feel that they are learning so much there since they go into Sunday school every week.

I didn’t want to make any quick decisions and pull Megan out of RE.  I really felt she should complete her journey to making her first Communion.  I am glad I did allow her to finish and feel that Megan did learn a lot in what “communion” really means and what it represents.  I am a very proud mom.

2 Comments:

At May 9, 2011 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Christine said...

Congrats to Megan! We had first communion this past weekend to for some friends daughter! I lvoe seeing all the children dressed up to darn cute! What a special day!

 
At May 10, 2011 at 10:42 PM , Blogger OurWanderingAdventures said...

What a pretty dress! Congrats to her and yay for the nice weather!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home