This page has moved to a new address.

Coming Up For Air!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Coming Up For Air!

I feel like I have been drowning in "stuff" for the past couple weeks.  I'm working really hard to keep a sense of calmness, but I don't know that I am doing a very good job...

Financially we have been in a pickle for awhile now - I hate dealing with financial stuff.  So very stressful.  I am in the midst of reading Dave Ramsey's The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness.  I'm still somewhat in the beginning of the book - but from what I know of the "plan", it's pretty radical.  The problem right now with setting a budget is you have to actually have money to set a budget, right?  If all the money is already spoken for - then what is there to budget?

I have been in prayer a lot - asking for guidance and peace.  I believe I'm on the right track with helping my family financially...but nothing is ever a quick fix.  Things are moving along better with my business Work At Home United and I'm also getting my blog design site, Nifty Creations by Jodi, up and running.  Between those two things we should be alright.

I am very excited about getting back into web design.  That was the plan when I was finishing up my Master's several years ago when pregnant with the twins.  Now that they are a bit older...it's time!

Other then the financial stuff - my husband has been working a lot.  Which, of course, will help financially but it is very stressful being the only parent 80% of the time for 3 children.  I, more then ever, give single moms so much credit.  My mom was a single parent and I always felt so very luck to have a mom who did so good raising two children on her own.

I feel with so much going on in my head it's so hard to concentrate on any one thing.  I hate feeling so scattered and uneasy.

My husband was at work all day yesterday for Easter.  The kids had a great time...but I felt so stressed it was hard to relax.  Thankfully church helped bring that sense of peace that I so desperately needed.

Okay, I think I'm doing being a "Debbie Downer" now!  :-)  I know things will all work out in their own time...it just seems like a never ending road right now.

Have a great day! ♥

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 25, 2011 at 4:29 PM , Blogger life...just saying said...

I feel you. Life can be difficult indeed. I blog about it often. Already a follower.

 
At April 27, 2011 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

Hey, I am a mother of 4. We did the Dave Ramsey plan. We are out of debt except for our home. Listening to his archives on the computer daily really helped me to stay motivated. I need to get back to being serious again. I believe we all can be an emergency away from financial disaster. So even though we are not struggling, we still aren't swimming in the money either. Hang in there and keep going. I think it was harder on my hubby. I was the "nerd". Your newest follower. Hope you can visit me sometime.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home