This page has moved to a new address.

Has It Really Been That Long????

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Has It Really Been That Long????

Wow, I can't believe it's been since May 23rd since my last post!  That is horrible!

My how time flies when the kids are home...  Anna and Ethan were done with preschool as of May 19th and Megan just "graduated" second grade this past Monday.  I think it's been non-stop go, go, go since Anna & Ethan finished their preschool.

There is a local pool we join every year that the kids love...and, as parents, we love too!  It is not an overally crowded pool (which we love), it is easy to keep track of all age groups of kids since you have a clear view of all the different pool areas from anywhere, and (I actually like) that they don't have a zero depth pool.  My kids were all very timid with the water and not having a zero depth pool really forced them to get used to the water much more quickly!

Megan is on the swim team this year!  This is her first year.  She really doesn't know how to swim but they really encourage the kids to join because they do learn to be great swimmers.  Megan has swim team practice every day now through about mid-July.  Plus, next week she has "stroke" clinic.  So each day they will have a one hour lesson on a particular stroke, i.e. freestyle, backstroke, breast and butterfly.  The last day is on starts and turns.

Next week swim meets will start as well!  From what I've been told - they are a whole lot of fun and not intense...which is good.  I Megan to just have fun with it and not focus on winning - just doing her best.

My sister's kids are all on the swim team this year as well.  I had asked Megan awhile ago if she wanted to be on the team as well and at first she said no.  I was fine with that - it's a big commitment and I wanted it to be something she wanted to do that I wasn't fighting to get her to attend every day.  Then last Friday we were at my sister's when the my sister and my nephews came home from practice, once Megan saw them with their suits on she was adamant about joining.  She is doing really well and is having a lot of fun with it.

I do have to say how proud I am of her though!  I was on the swim team in high school and really loved it.  I am a huge advocate on my kids learning to swim, so I definitely think this will help out.   

Anna and Ethan are just excited that we are at the pool every day since they can go in the baby pool and play during swim team practice.

So now with the pool being an everyday thing, I'm also doing web and graphic designs, trying to keep up with household chores and have a little time to relax. :-)

Have a great day all!  It's a hot one here - 94 degrees and climbing.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At June 8, 2011 at 3:12 PM , Blogger Sandra said...

I loved to be in the water as a kid, but my parents never put me in swim lessons and I wish they had! I'm sure your kiddos are having a great time with it, plus it's such a good skill to have! :) I plan on putting my kiddos in swim lessons this summer as well. Fun times. :)
And 94 degrees?! Wow! I wish we'd get over 65 where I'm at!
Have a great day! :)

 
At June 14, 2011 at 12:07 AM , Blogger Sweaty said...

Hi Jodi, found your blog from the Follow Me Back Tuesday, and I can't believe I haven't found it earlier! Thanks for guest hosting this week!

You must be so proud of your daughter--I know I would!!! My 6.5 yr old so far isn't so keen to be in the water though, but I'm hoping she'll grow to love swimming :)

Nice to meet you and do drop by my humble blog when you have the time!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 10:22 AM , Blogger Yvonne said...

Newest follower from the hop, nice to "meet" you! I feel you on the heat... it's been near or at 100 for the past couple of weeks here!!!

makinmartinezmemories.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2011 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nice to "meet" you. I am a new follower from FMBT blog hop. Thanks for Co-hosting!!!


http://kadie-sevenalive.blogspot.com/

 
At June 16, 2011 at 11:19 PM , Blogger Russo said...

Oh my goodness, its nice to be back reading your blog. I got a computer virus and I have missed coming back to your blog. Anyways, that is exciting with the swim team info, I adore swimming and i am wish your daughter a nice season.

And go you on the swimming! Very cool. Anyways. I hope that all is going well, girl.~~Russo @ www.threegnomes.blogspot.com

 
At June 30, 2011 at 1:27 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

I'm a new follower! I found you on Sweep Tights blog hop directory. http://thrivingwith5.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home