This page has moved to a new address.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  We had an awesome one. 

We host every year, which is nice since then we can have my family and my husbands family over at the same time!  We both have small families so it's great to combine the two.  This year, however it was smaller then ever.  My sister, her husband and 3 sons were not able to come this year.  Their household has been battling Strep for the past two weeks.  Their middle son was finally fever free today, but with having had a fever the whole week was not up to being out.

My brother-in-law did come over to drop off the sweet potatoes they were supposed to bring for dinner.  He left with containers of Thanksgiving food for them to eat at their house then!  I am glad that they were at least able to have their own little Thanksgiving together.

My goal this year was to have a moist turkey.  It seems every year no matter what we try, I am unable to have a turkey that is not dry.  I found this recipe yesterday and tried it out today.  It turned out REALLY good!  I also went one step further by injecting butter into the legs and breast!  I know everyone says the deep fryer works, but we have one and to be honest I've never really been very impressed.  Everyone commented on how good the turkey was this year so I think it was success.

I am so Thankful for this wonderful family that God has blessed me with, I never cease to be amazed by them. 


(I was going to try to take the day off from working today - but I think I'm going to get just a little bit in!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home