This page has moved to a new address.

Weekend Round Up

Monday, December 13, 2010

Weekend Round Up

We had an excellent weekend...and actually had some time to relax.  :-)

On Friday, my husband and I had his Christmas party from his work to attend for the Fire Department.  We had a really nice time, the food was excellent...a restaurant owned by one of the firemen he works with, and it was great seeing all the "guys" Rob works with.  A few hours before the event I remembered we had to bring a $10 gift for a toy collection they take at the party so I had to run off to Target.  Just before leaving the house I found that my Blackberry roller ball no longer allowed me to roll down, which I quickly realized is a major hindrance, especially when trying to use the Address Book.  So I multi-tasked...on the way to Target I called T-Mobile and, since I qualified for the full discount, I ordered a new phone!  I am soooo excited!  My first Android - a T-Mobile G-2 that has the Google applications.  I should be getting it in the next couple days.

Saturday was a fairly quiet day, we ran a few errands with Anna and Ethan while Megan stayed behind at a friends house to play.  It was funny though because before we left Rob told the kids we were stopping at Home Depot (his favorite store) and Anna said "Yay, Home Depot" and Ethan said "I don't like Home Depot".  This is the kid who last weekend wanted nothing to do with getting a Christmas tree either.  So on the way home from Home Depot Rob said something to the effect about having fun at Home Depot and Anna said "YES" and Ethan said "I did not have fun at Home Depot and I did not have fun at Pet Smart (the other errand) - I do not like Home Depot".  He has gotten so funny in the way he expresses adamantly his like and dislikes.

On Saturday I was also able to spend a lot of time on my business.  I have not been doing a whole lot with that lately...I've truly been letting excuses get in my way and, well, let's just say that no one wants to hear excuses.  You either do what you say you are going to or you decide if it's truly what you want.  My mentor, who I love dearly and my husband both got pretty tough with me on Friday.  Although what came out of that was not only my husband actually taking "over" the kids so mom could go work (which he's never done) and me truly loving what I am doing again!

Sunday...another good day - we had church, ran to Trader Joe's and then went to a local scrapbooking store for the kids to have their Silhouettes done.  The artist who cuts out the silhouettes by hand was at this location for two days...one of the last of these   
artists around.  He did amazing work with just a pair of scissors and paper.  It's the classic black silhouette on the white background.  Each silhouette looks exactly like the child, unbelievable.  We then went out to lunch, came home and I got some more work done.  When we were a Trader Joe's we bought a Ginger Bread Cookie making kit so after dinner all the kids took part in decorating (and eating) the ginger bread cookie.

IMG_3785IMG_3789IMG_3790

We are now in the bitter cold weather of Illinois.  We will be having wind chills of 10 - 20 degrees below 0 for the next two days.  It really does make it difficult to even want to step foot outside.  This type of cold weather is really odd this early in the season.  Usually our coldest time is in January/February - really worries me how bad it will get during the "bad" time.

Don’t forget – if you haven’t already – Join my giveaway for Old El Paso Family Taco Night.

Hops I am participating in:

B&B ButtonMingle MondayJust Married with Coupons


Photobucket

Question of the Week: What material thing is on top of your holiday wish list?

I honestly can't think of anything truly "material" I want this year...everything I really want is just practical. I really want a good electric hand mixer and I'd really like some nice rimmed baking sheets. I suppose the only material thing I'd like is a pedicure! I do love remote starters too though...I had that on an old car and I do miss that. Although, it helps now that I'm home with the kids and the car is in the garage. :-)

Labels:

13 Comments:

At December 13, 2010 at 5:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

New follower from Mingle Monday!

 
At December 13, 2010 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Pamela said...

The gingerbread cookie is adorable. I have a pan with 4 small ones but I love that big one. Sounds like you have a busy, but fun, life!

 
At December 13, 2010 at 7:49 AM , Blogger GeTzzz.... said...

I missed illinois...I missed arkansas..I missed the memories there.Wished to come and visit my foster family back there again:)

And i hope the son love decorating and had fun hehehehe.

Regards,
Get

 
At December 13, 2010 at 8:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stopping by via the Monday hops to say hello and follow.
Have a great day!
http://poshonabudget.com/2010/12/welcome-monday-friends.html

 
At December 13, 2010 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Following you from BabyDealsDujour,
we list all the baby daily deals in real-time. Love to see you on Facebook and
Twitter
too

 
At December 13, 2010 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Janet Ellis said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! I'm a new follower from Beckham & Bloom and I'm looking forward to reading more of your adventures in FUN! I can use some of that...life gets to be a rut sometimes and hubby and I finished school which took up so much of our time, now we're working at getting our lives back :-) You can find me over at http://theskinnyonmini.blogspot.com/ and http://inherpeace-janetsjournal.blogspot.com/ Blessings, Janet

 
At December 13, 2010 at 4:00 PM , Blogger KD said...

Wow...sounds like a busy weekend! I didn't see the part where you actually got some rest in, though ;)

Best of luck spending more time on your business! Glad hubby's helping out with the kids :)

Monday Mingling....

 
At December 13, 2010 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

Sounds like you had a busy yet productive weekend. Thanks for stopping by Sueberry Lane. I'm following back now.

Have a great week!

Becky

 
At December 13, 2010 at 8:21 PM , Blogger tracypoh said...

New follower on your blog & Mingle Monday. Please follow back.

You have such an awesome blog! I like!

 
At December 13, 2010 at 8:26 PM , Blogger BrettBMartin said...

Busy weekend!

Thanks for joining Mailbox Monday- I'm a confirmed email subscriber

www.mamalovesherbargains.com

 
At December 14, 2010 at 7:53 AM , Blogger Sugarbeat said...

Hi There!
I'm following you on the Monday blog hops! Drop by and say hi! I can be found at http://www.sugarbeatsbooks.com

 
At December 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Cute pictures! That gingerbread man is HUGE!

I'd love it if you could stop by my blog and check out my 1st giveaway!

http://theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com/2010/12/v8-ambition-giveaway.html

 
At December 18, 2010 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Twinpossible said...

Cute pics indeed. The gingerbread man looks awful yummy! I hate the cold so your post is chilling me to the bone, lol.

You have a new follower here (BTW- love the website facelift! Looks awesome). Got ya on Networked Blogs, and GFC. Would love a return follow if you wish.

http://www.twinpossible.com/blog

xoxo Shelly

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home