This page has moved to a new address.

Weekend Round Up

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekend Round Up

What a crazy, fast, wonderful, bummer of a weekend...all rolled up into one.

Friday started with my husband working 24 hours at the Fire Department, which is not unusual - but Anna has been fighting naps all week and was once again dreadfully overtired but refused to nap. I describe Friday morning and afternoon as my time thing that putting bamboo shoots up my nails would've been more fun. :-)

But Friday evening was wonderful! Once Anna and Ethan went to bed, Megan and I had a "girls" night. We played the WII and then we laid in bed and watched a movie. Both of us feel asleep and it was perfectly relaxing evening.

Overnight Friday into Saturday we got quite a bit of snow. I was supposed to go to a friends house who I am with on the MOPS Leadership Steering Committee for a meeting (she lives ~ 30 minutes away in good weather) but the roads were too bad early morning. Plus I would only be able to stay for a short time since I then had to come back to right around my house for a Christmas luncheon with the home daycare owner and moms of the preschool Anna and Ethan go to. Megan also went to this home daycare for daycare for 4 years so I've been going for years now.

Megan and Anna knocking off snow
I had a wonderful time at the luncheon, great food, great conversation and a gift exchange! Yay, got a lovely wicker basket with a red cloth insert, homemade cookies and jam, a candle and a little snowman knick knack.

After I go home from the luncheon it was then time for us to get our Christmas tree at a local tree farm. My husband has been wanting to go to this tree farm very close to our house for years and we decided this was the year to finally go. We were all very excited to go except for Ethan - he was not buying it and could care less if we had a tree! Anna and Ethan fell asleep on the way there, and once we were there we had to wake them up. On top of Ethan not wanting to be there in the first place - was really not pleased about being woken up, so I was carrying him while Anna and Megan were knocking snow from the trees.

We ended up getting  huge, beautiful tree ... which looks awesome in our living room with a cathedral ceiling. Nice thing too is the trees are $60 flat fee, so it pays if you are planning on getting a big tree to go their since normally lots charge a lot more for the taller trees.

Anna and Ethan sat in the car while we tied up the tree.  On the way home, Rob (my husband) exclaimed "wasn't that awesome, I had so much fun - did you?" everyone said yes, except Ethan - "no, I did not have fun - I did not want to go get a Christmas tree".  Bah hum bug - got to love kids!  But he normally has such a wonderful disposition that it is rather funny to hear him irritated.  

We then came home, a neighbor helped Rob bring the tree into the garage while I ordered pizza for dinner.  We then wanted to make room for the tree, since Rob was once again going to be at the fire department all day Sunday (today) and I wanted to have the tree in the house to start decorating it.  Where the tree was going is a train table that we had to find a place for - Rob decided in their bedroom was actually a great idea.  When we were going to move it we had to turn it over on it's side and didn't remember that the boards in the table were not connected to anything.  They fell out and landed right on my husband's big toe.  I have never seen anyone in so much pain.  He was stuck on the floor for about an hour.  His toe was not a pretty site at all.  He ended up sleeping on the coach downstairs because it was too painful for him to go up the stairs and could not get comfortable in bed anyway.

This morning rolled along, Sunday, and he was already up and gone at the fire department when I got up.  I had a busy day planned with the kids so I started getting everyone moving right away this morning.  Emailed my husband said he was in unbelievable amount of pain and that he was going to see how the day progressed.  In the meantime, I got the kids dressed and we went to church.  After church we picked up my mom and went to Bass Pro Shop for lunch and picture's with Santa.  We ended up being there for a few hours - it was a long wait for Santa.  When we were leaving my husband had emailed me and said he left work early and was on his way to urgent care.  Ethan exclaimed he was going to sleep in the car and was to not be woken up!  I told him it is too cold to stay sleeping in the car so I would carry him up to his room...luckily he agreed.  :-)

I got everyone home and then we started putting lights on the Christmas tree.  My husband, came home shortly afterwords on crutches with a compound fracture (multiple breaks) to his big toe and a prescription for Vicoden.  It's going to be a long holiday season with an out of commission husband.  Poor guy.  I just can't imagine how bad that must have hurt last night when it broke.  I don't know how he didn't cry, pass out or throw up...I'm sure I would have done all three.

We did manage to get the angel and all the lights up on the tree. 

Faa, laa, laa, laa, laa,
laa, laa, laa, laa

Mingle Monday



At December 6, 2010 at 5:18 AM , Blogger MadeInCanarias said...

What a great weekend, looks like you had a lot of fun! :)

At December 6, 2010 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Danielle @ "We Don't Have It All Together" said...

Hi, new follower here!

I have a giveaway going on if you're interested: We Don't Have It All Together

At December 6, 2010 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Jacqui said...

Hi! I'm a follower from a previous Blog Hop. If you haven't already, I'd love it if you would follow back at one or all four of my blogs :)

Have a wonderful week!


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home