This page has moved to a new address.

Love the Nice Weather, But My Head Does Not

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Love the Nice Weather, But My Head Does Not

Here in the Midwest, we are feeling the effects of what may be "Indian Summer".  After having a hot summer of numerous days in the 100's, we then went in to fall. Our fall weather has actually been quite nice - 50's and 60's mostly, although there were some nights in the 40's and one in the 30's.  Not so ready for the 30's just yet.

 The day after we had the night in the 30's our temperature's started rising.  Today, and the next several days, we are in the low 80's with it cooling down to the 50's over night.  This is ideal, perfect weather - reminds me of San Diego.  But alas, it will be short lived.  In the next week are temperature's start the slow decline once again.

So, as much as I am trying to enjoy this nice weather, my head has been a pounding mess.  My sister and I, who have always suffered from migraines, have recently come to the conclusion that over the last couple years our headaches are actual sinus headaches and not migraines.  I believe mine are triggered by the change in weather.  I'm not sure how that change in weather triggers these, but I also get them a lot in April which is generally when we go from the cold depths of winter to the warmer weather of spring.

Coming to the conclusion that these are sinus and not migraine have been difficult to diagnosis.  Since we do actually suffer from migraines as well, we are aware of the symptoms that come with those.  As it turns out, sinus headaches have very similair symptoms.  One of my big triggers that this is sinus related was my mom giving me a sinus pain and pressure pill and it almost instantly taking away the pain.

It seems that I should be able to just treat this headache with the sinus medication and the pain should be resolved, right?  No.  It doesn't seem to be that easy.  I seem to have to take a few different things before I finally find relief.  My next doctor's visit will definitely include a discussion of my headaches and what I can take to prevent and alleviate this pain.

For those who suffer from sinus headaches, any friendly advise you can offer would be appreciated!

Thank you.  :-)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 7, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Caution/Lisa said...

We're having the same weather here in Detroit, and my son's asthma is terrible! I dread the doctor's bill that will soon arrive.

 
At October 12, 2011 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Denise McDonough said...

I am sitting here with a sever migraine right now due to the weather change :( I hate it...

 
At October 13, 2011 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Darlene said...

Hi there, I am a new GFC follower from the hop. Hope you come visit my page sometimes.
Thanks.
http://mylittlehouseoftreasures.blogspot.com/
Darlene

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home