This page has moved to a new address.

Christmas Shopping And Potty Training

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Shopping And Potty Training

So while in my stressed out state this morning, trying to coordinate getting some necessary work done with my business plus freaking out that Christmas is at the end of the week and I have a LOT that still needs to be done my daughter (Anna) starts using the potty!  I am so glad she has finally started showing an interest in it.  The one thing is - she needs to "go" all the time!  :-)  Well, at least she thinks she does.

Thank goodness my husband was home to sit with her in the bathroom while I tried to figure out what the heck I was doing today.  I think sometimes I get so overwhelmed with what needs to be done I just kind of freeze and don't know where to even start.  I decided to actually block some time out for each of the things I had to do.  Since I have to work and I have to finish shopping - then I need to do some of both.

My husband and I decided to take the kids to the mall.  He said he could drive - first time since breaking his big toe a little over two weeks ago, then I could make calls for work. And once at the mall he could take the kids to the play area while I got some shopping done.

It drives my husband nuts, but it seems we can never get out of the house until 10 am or later these days.  But there is always so much going on with the kids that it is hard to get things done that have to get done and move everyone forward in a time matter.  Now with Anna using the potty, it does add even more time on to it since we want to be really overly enthused that she is "using" the potty.

The mall was a bit of a bust.  I did get some things that I needed for stocking stuff, but I really got things that were a bit more pricey then I wanted.  I really need to get my mom her yearly wall calendar - Garfield.  She loves Garfield, but I can't seem to ever find the calendar anymore except online...but now I've waited too long to get any free shipping.  And to get delivery by the 24th then it's like buying 2 calendars!  I'll decide on that one later.

After doing some shopping we all went to the food court and my husband told me that Anna needed to use the potty while in the play area.  He ended up taking all the kids to the bathroom...only once there she couldn't go.  Her diaper was dry though.  (We did put one on her for the mall.)  When we were done eating she said she needed to use the potty but by time we got there she had already gone in her diaper.

After we got home I put her in underwear again and she was good all afternoon and evening!  Tomorrow she will be going to preschool in her underwear...I will pack extra cloths.  :-)  I love that she is getting potty train - but the last minute bathroom runs, especially with other kids is a bit of a challenge.


Photobucket

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At December 21, 2010 at 12:19 AM , Blogger jijie said...

Tuesday visit from@ Step It Up!
:)

 
At December 21, 2010 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Sockertussen said...

Yeay it's tueasday and I'm following you on GFC.
Would love for you to visit my site and follow me back =D

http://sockertussen.blogspot.com/

 
At December 21, 2010 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Natalie A. said...

I'm following your site now! I hope you'll visit mine and follow too! Good luck with getting everything done before Christmas! That is great your daughter is using the potty! Happy Holidays!

http://LocateUtahHomes.blogspot.com

 
At December 21, 2010 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Charlene Juliani said...

following you through the family friendly blog hop....hope to see you visit my blog :-)

 
At December 21, 2010 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Krisztina Clifton said...

Hi. Following you from the blog hop. I'd love for you to add your blog to my free directory. Have a Merry Christmas!:)

-Christina
http://theblogentourage.blogspot.com

 
At December 21, 2010 at 2:59 PM , Blogger WheelchairDecor said...

Potty training is such a funny adventure...we parents are such a laugh! How fun that she is ready and doing so well!

New follower, hope you can stop by for a visit!
http://wheelchairdecor.blogspot.com/
Thanks, Becky J

 
At December 21, 2010 at 3:53 PM , Blogger The Sheridans said...

WOw! First a point for your husband! My husband is awesome, but he would have stayed home instead of dragging our kids out. Haha, and as for your little girl, that sounds like my little girl, she just decided one day that she was going to ware panties and that was that! When we were out in public, I would take her in her panties regardless, I think she had an accident 2 times and that was it...(but now that I had to clean the mess those two times, I wish I would have gone with the diaper (or pull ups) ) Have a Merry Christmas!! Thanks for the post!

 
At December 21, 2010 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Jacqui said...

Hello! I am a follower from a previous blog hop. if you haven't already, I'd love it if you would follow back at one or all four of my blogs :)

www.singleparentretreat.com
http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
http://motherdaughterconnection.blogspot.com/
http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

Have a great week!

 
At December 21, 2010 at 9:34 PM , Blogger QuixoticallyChaotic said...

following you through the tuesday blog hop! Your blog is pretty!

Maggie
http://www.quixoticallychaotic.com
http://yourdailyshot.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home