This page has moved to a new address.

Weekend Wrap-Up

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

First, I want to say I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!  :-)  We had a great weekend, jammed packed with lots of fun family time.

Our Christmas started out on a not so good note on Thursday when my sister slipped on ice and broke her arm.  When my mom called to tell me my brother-in-law was taking my sister to the hospital I knew it wasn't good. But then when I told the ambulance was taking her I knew for sure it was bad.  My sister has a very high pain tolerance and would not got to even a doctor unless she had to or if she just had a regular appointment.  Shoot she suffered from what she thought  was heartburn her last 3 months of pregnancy with her oldest son - come to find out it was gallbladder attacks.  From what I've been told, they are extremely painful.  A week after my nephew was born she had to have emergency surgery to have her gallbladder removed.

It turns out she has a compression fracture in her upper arm of her humerus bone.  The bone is compressed so much that it actually has her shoulder dropped about 1 - 2 inches than the other shoulder.  She will have to have surgery on it, hopefully soon.  She would have surgery on it right now if she could so she could just get it over with.

We went to their house for Christmas - I am just in awe of her.  Even with a broken arm she is still hustling and bustling around.  Grant it, you can tell she is not herself and obviously has major limitations but she is not, in any way, just sitting around either.

For Christmas Eve we spent the day at my In-Laws.  Had a wonderful time there and had a lot of fun playing games with the adults.  My mother-in-laws sister brought this newer version of Uno so we had a blast playing that and then play Yahtzee.  I got Yahtzee two times!  :-)

IMG_3793 The snow started coming down pretty hard early evening so we headed home.  I had all the kids open one gift that evening - Christmas PJ's.  They all got jammies with monkey's on them.



Christmas morning was a blast.  The kids had an awesome time opening their gifts. In the afternoon we headed over to my sister's and spent the rest of the day their.  We had a great meal and totally wore the kids out.

IMG_3798 IMG_3802 IMG_3799

Today we went to church and then spent the afternoon sledding with our kids and my brother-in-law and their 3 kids.  My sister stayed home.  :-(

IMG_3825 IMG_3820 IMG_3822

I am totally exhausted but filled with a lot of joy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home